A Look Back at 2012....

I always enjoy looking back at some of my creations and life happenings on this blog over the past year. I enjoy that I have this blog to keep track of my creative and crafty moments because it is very easy to forget what was accomplished or created. I enjoy seeing my sense of design and craft develop and evolve over the years too!

 I look at this blog and I have noticed over the years since I first created it that it has evolved into  a crafty journal rather than a space to share the daily happenings of my life. I tried to do this in December with my December Daily posts. But, wasn't that successful because when things got busy I didn't have the time or take the time to document everything. I want to treasure living in the momment also.

The start of the year was a little bumpy last year, so it was very easy to use my crafting as an escape from the thoughts and troubles that were happening during that time.

This year saw two big paid scrappy initiatives. The first one being the craft fair in November. Preparing for this was very time consuming. Enjoyable, but I began working on Christmas projects in the summer. I became "Christmased" out by the time the actual holiday rolled around, so I didn't even send out Christmas cards of my own. Embarassed a little by that. I do not want that to happen again.

The second paid scrappy initiative was creating a wedding album for my sister's coworker. I very much enjoyed both of these opportunities. But, I am now looking forward to returning to my own crafty projects.

 I would like to work on some of those looming projects that I have purchased with the best of intentions, but never got around to them! I also want to work on a few mini albums. I look forward to diving into my stash more and using what I have. I have lots of wonderful products, tools and things in my stash to play with and I want to use them in new and exciting ways. I look forward to the new year of creative opportunities. I also look forward to sharing these with you!

Have a Very Happy New Year!

Comments