Lisa's April Sketch Challenge



If you are a loyal follower of my blog, you will have seen that since this past October I have been slowly completing scrapbook pages for my Honeymoon Album. Although I have seem to have taken a month hiatus from any scrapbook related projects. This album began when Lisa began hosting a monthly challenge at the Canadian Scrap N Swap Board. This challenge encourages us to use the posted sketch for the month into any themed layout of our choice. This month Lisa chose Sketch # 19 from the Sketch Support Blog. I was a little concerned when I saw that it was a one page sketch because I have been using these sketches for my honeymoon album, which has all been accounted for double page layouts. Yes, I know my honeymoon was three years ago this coming August, but creativity and art takes time, and I like dabbling with all sorts of creations. So, I decided to challenge myself to turn this one page layout into a double layout, and I feel pretty successful with this project. This sketch design is perfect for the scrapbooker who is nearing the end of a themed album because of the collection of patterned paper strips that gave saved projects just as this! It was a lot of fun to make, and best of all this layout was made with all items from my stash. Nothing new was purchased to complete this layout. The only change I made to the layout was that I made the photograph a 7 x 5 photograph instead of a 6 x 4.



Comments

Scrapthat said…
Great work Rachel!