Mother's Day Card Collection





So, I have been having lots of fun in my scraproom over Spring Break. I am playing and trying a whole bunch of things out! I am really enjoying my time in here. So, I thought I would post some of the card creations that I have been working on. I decided to get a head start on some Mother's Day cards. I began with the first two cards that measure 4.75 by 6.75. This is the card size that my friend Gloria uses quite often, a little larger than the A2 size that I am the most familar making. I chose to use the yellow theme that I have been working with for the last little while. The paper is from the five sheets that I purchased at Precious Memories a couple of weeks ago now is almost all used up. I will have a few more cards left that I can make with the scraps, and then it is time to dive into my new 12 x 12 DCWV stack Lemon Grass. The stamp on the first two cards is a Stamping Bella stam called Suzette Bella. I have had her for quite a while, but decided it was time to use here a little more than I have been. I am really enjoying using my copic felt markers to colour her skin tone. It makes all the difference to these imagaes.


The next two cards were actually made with papers from my scrap paper drawer. While looking for inspiration online tonight, I found a very pretty butterfly card from All that Scraps Blog, and you can find that card here. I took the design of that sketch and turned it into my own with the materials that I had in my stash. I always love when I can make a pretty card with scrap paper, and have it not look anything like a scrap paper card.

The final card was aslo made with scrap paper from my stash. This chipboard dressform die was given to me by my friend Gloria. I believe there are four of them in the pack. I simply love how this card turned out. It was so much fun to embellish. I used lace fabric for the top, and ribbon layered from the bottom to the top to make the skirt. The flower is a felt cuttlebug flower made cut out with my cuttlebug.

I know you are now probably thinking why I need so many Mother's Day cards. Yes, I only have one Mother, and one Mother in Law. However, I have been toying with the idea of bringing them to work and having them in a basket in the staffroom and selling cards for a twoonie. Not sure if anyone would be inerested, but I thought it would definitely be worth a try. There are lots of other gals at work who sell different things, and no one things anything of it, so why not try selling card. I will see if I am brave enough to do this.

Comments