Gloria's Card Sketch Challlenge



My friend Gloria who hosts wonderful crops at her house, as well is very generous on the message boards by hosting two monthly challenges. This challenge is a card challenge. She posts challenges and requests for us to make a card that has been inspired by the sketch. I know that she really enjoys seeing how we take the sketch and make the card we make our own, but she also really enjoys when it the sketch is recognizable in the card.

The first of this month she posted a Mojo Monday sketch. These are my favourite sketches at the moment, and I particularly like this sketch artist from the team as she makes a round and a square sketch using the same design. With that in mind, Gloria challenged us to use either sketch, however if we used the round one we would get our name entered twice into the draw. Well, of course I just had to do the round one! This is my interpretation. I really like the black and white combo, and do enjoy pink with it also. It reminds me of my paper bag engagement album that I made some time ago now. Following this sketch in the round was quite challenging. You can't realy see the strip coming down in the photograph, but it is there and was completed with glitter.

I wasn't too sure if I was that happy with the card when I finished making it, but now that i have looked at the design a little more in the picture and in person...I am more fond of it now.


Comments