Lisa's November Challenge- Honeymoon Cricut Life's a Beach Layout

My friend Lisa from the CanadianScrapnSwap Mesage board began posting sketch challenges each month. This is the second challenge that she has posted this year. The winner of the challenge for the month gets a 15.00 prize to Micheals. Then you get your name entered into a draw for the end of the year prize if you compete every month. I didn't want to miss out on this challenge so even though I had a whole bunch of new goodies to play with from my trip to Seattle I thought that I would play with this sketch tonight. It was so much fun to play with colours other than my wedding theme or Christmas. I have decided to use Lisa's challenge to scrapbook my Honeymoon Album. So, I was pretty excited to get my second layout done for this. The layout is based on Sketch # 17 from Scrapbook Generations Sketch Support Site. There are some great designers over there, and there are so many great interpretations of the sketch. Lisa was attracted to this sketch because it had stiching...I on the other am not a fan of stiching. I like it on other peoples layouts, but I don't want to take the time to stich a layout. I interpreted the stiching with a flower trail. It was pretty fun to do..I used a whole bunch of handmade flowers from my stash...I particpated in a flower swap this summer an da lot of the flwoers came from there, along with a few that I made. Let's just say that I need to fill up my stash again! EEkss this used a lot.. I typically wouldn't do something like this...but I feel that a challenge is to encourage me to do something that I wouldn't normally do! The other cuts from this cartridge came from the Life's a Beach Cricut cartridge that I have borrowed from my Mom.

Comments

barn weddings said…
I like the scrap! you are so creative.
Hi very wonderful pages! I am enjoying your blog, so creative are you! I've been trying to send a note thru your contact page but it doesn't seem to go thru? I'm teaching a Cricut tea cup teapot class this Thursday and can't seem to get to the file of the tea cup box. Can you help me? Thanks! Diane
scrapeahappy said…
Hi Diane...I hope you get this message! Thanks for letting me know that my contact me page wasn't working...I have since changed it and you can contact me there and I can email you directly the file...How does that sound? What are you using for the Teapot? I would love to have that file? Or know what you are using to make it!!!